Service provider or service recipient
The application processing time can be up to five working days after all necessary documents have been submitted.
A person who is a service provider or service recipient and can support themselves for 6 months according to guidelines for minimum living expenses.
An application is not processed until all documentation has been received and the applicant has arrived at a registration office and presented passport and other necessary documentation.
Form that needs to be submitted electronically:
- A-271: Application for registration in the national registry for period exceeding six months. The applicant must fill out the form and state their own email address where the registration certificate will be sent via email after registration has been completed.
- Following documents must be submitted together with the application:
- A copy/photo of a passport or legal travel document with at least 6 months remaining of its term of validity.
- Documents specifying the type of service, period and the manner in which payments are made.
- Confirmation from either the service provider or service recipient.
- It is optional to submit the following documents together with the application:
- Birth certificate.
- Marital status certificate. Applicants are encouraged to submit their marital status certificate because marital status may affect individuals' various rights, and their children (if relevant).
Upon arrival in Iceland the applicant must go to a registration office and present the original copies of the following documents:
- A passport or legal travel document with at least 6 months remaining of its term of validity.
- Birth certificate and/or marital status certificate, if they were submitted in the application process.